The Le Commandant-Charcot is a unique and luxurious hybrid ship created specifically for polar cruising. Created as the world’s luxury polar exploration vessel, Le Commandant-Charcot offers an unparalleled polar expedition cruise through the Arctic and Antarctic.
With its hybrid propulsion combining liquefied natural gas (LNG) and electric generators, Le Commandant-Charcot has been designed to minimise the environmental impact of travel.
Offering a refined and luxurious feel both internally and externally, Le Commandant-Charcot has been designed to the highest stranded creating a contemporary feel within a warm and elegant setting.
Designed by two internationally renowned design and architecture firms – the studio of Jean-Philippe Nuel and Wilmotte & Associés – Le Commandant-Charcot was specifically designed in harmony with the environment, creating an elegant, peaceful and luxurious experience.
Equipped with just 135 staterooms including 31 suites with balconies and outside views, Le Commandant-Charcot welcomes you in an intimate and refined atmosphere.
With two restaurants on board, a luxurious spa, fitness centre, theatre and two pools as well as a winter garden, relax and enjoy your surroundings as you sail through the world’s most precious regions.
DECK PLANS AND CABINS
- Suite Duplex: 48 m², up to 4 passengers per cabin
- Prestige Stateroom deck 6, 7 and 8: 20 m², up to 2 passengers per cabin
- Prestige Suite deck 7 and 8: 40 m², up to 4 passengers per cabin
- Privilege Stateroom deck 6, 7 and 8: 28 m², up to 3 passengers per cabin
- Owner’s Suite: 114 m², up to 2 passengers per cabin
- Privilege Suite deck 6 and 8: 48 m², up to 4 passengers per cabin
See Ponant deck plans and cabins for Le Commandant Charcot.
Gastronomy is an essential part of French culture and this is no different aboard the PONANT ships.
There are two restaurants aboard the Le Commandant Charcot which welcome guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the most luxurious setting.
On the 5th deck is the Gastronomic Restaurant; serving French and international cuisine accompanied by fine wine.
On the 9th deck, the Grill Restaurant offers indoor and outdoor dining where guests can enjoy their meals whilst taking in the spectacular views.
Le Commandant-Charcot has many common areas that are designed and equipped to meet all of your needs while preserving the intimacy of each passenger.
Fitness and Beauty area:
- Fitness room: Elliptic, running machines, bicycles
- Beauty Corner: Hairdresser, Massage rooms, Sauna, Snow Room, Nail Shop
- 302 m² main lounge
- 28 m² cigar lounge
- 400 m² panoramic bar and lounge
- Open-air bar
- Indoor pool
- Winter garden
- Outdoor pool
- Capacity: 276
- Performance venue
- State of the art audio-visual equipment
- Library filled with books & games
- Boutique shop selling clothing, jewellery, beauty products, postcards and various accessories
- Image & photo desk