LE LAPÉROUSE, LE CHAMPLAIN, LE BOUGAINVILLE, LE DUMONT-D’URVILLE, LE BELLOT & LE JACQUES CARTIER
Ponant’s Explorer fleet feature innovative and environmentally-friendly equipment, elegantly designed staterooms, spacious suites with large windows, and lounge areas open to the outside, this new limited-capacity yachts boasting just 92 staterooms and suites will offer guests a truly unique cruising experience.
Aboard these luxurious ships, travellers will discover an ever-increasing range of destinations in exceptional comfort aboard a state-of-the-art ship.
Experience a luxurious setting based on authenticity and passion for travel.
Le Lapérouse (2018) is the first ship in a new series that remains true to the PONANT spirit, followed by Le Champlain (2018). Four more yachts will follow, with Le Bouganville (2019), Le Dumont-d’Urville (2019), Le Bellot (2020) and Le Jacques Cartier (2020). All of which embody the unique atmosphere that is the cruise line’s hallmark: a blend of excellence, intimacy and comfort.
These six new PONANT Explorers are named in tribute to great French explorers and will carry guests in the wake of these courageous, pioneering men who, long ago, set off for adventure in search of new lands. Taking inspiration from history’s great navigators was a natural choice for PONANT, the only French cruise line to sail to little-known, remote lands that are inaccessible to larger ships. In keeping with our standards, each ship offers a carefully limited guest capacity, sleek design, cutting-edge technology, and passionate respect for the environment, allowing PONANT to access an ever-widening range of destinations.
DECK PLANS AND CABINS
- Deluxe Stateroom: 19 m², up to 2 passengers per cabin
- Deluxe Suite deck 3, 4 and 5: 27 m², up to 3 passengers per cabin
- Grand Deluxe Suite deck 5 and 6: 45 m², up to 2 passengers per cabin
- Prestige Stateroom deck 4, 5 and 6: 19 m², up to 2 passengers per cabin
- Prestige Suite deck 5 and 6: 32 m², up to 3 passengers per cabin
- Privilege Suite deck 5 and 6: 32 m², up to 3 passengers per cabin
- Owner’s Suite: 45 m², up to 2 passengers per cabin
See Ponant deck plans and cabins for Le Lapérouse, Le Champlain, Le Bougainville, Le Dumont-d’Urville, Le Bellot & Le Jacques Cartier.
Gastronomy is an essential part of French culture and this is no different aboard the PONANT ships.
To the back of Deck 4, you will find a 260 m² panoramic restaurant which can accommodate all of our passengers in a single sitting. This dining area, which opens onto the outside, will have a buffet of salads, desserts and French cheeses at your disposal. For hot meals, our crew will provide table service. All of this will be accompanied by fine wines and a relaxed atmosphere.
On Deck 3, we also have an outdoor grill that serves grilled meats with a variety of salads and desserts.
Our Explorers have many common areas that are designed and equipped to meet all our guests needs while preserving their privacy.
A 140 m² reception area including:
- A reception/concierge desk
- An excursions desk
- The ship’s administrative services
- The sales office, manned by our Guest Relations Officer
- Our 50 m² boutique selling clothes, jewellery, beauty products, postcards and various accessories
- Toilets accessible to passengers with reduced mobility
A new hydraulic platform with adjustable height provides:
- Easier boarding than on any other cruise ship
- Easier Zodiac embarkation and disembarkation for expeditions
- Easier access to the sea for swimming and practising various water sports such as kayaking or paddle-boarding
A pool deck offering:
- A pool with a panoramic view, equipped with a counter-current swimming system
- A solarium
- An outdoor bar and lounge with armchairs and sofas
A 200 m² main Lounge which can accommodate all our passengers to share unique moments and to host activities organised during the day or evening.
Blue Eye, Multi-sensory underwater space
Le Lapérouse is furthermore home to the first-ever multi-sensory underwater space. Blue Eye is an immersive lounge that allows PONANT guests to perceive and feel the underwater universe with subaquatic music and non-intrusive underwater projectors.
Lastly, a theatre that seats 188, equipped with:
- The latest sound and lighting technology
- A LED wall as the stage backdrop, for the projection of high-resolution images and videos