TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY FOR NGC EUROPE LIMITED (Promoter)
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC-PONANT COMPETITION CRUISE SUMMER 2019 (Prize Promotion)
By entering the Prize Promotion, all entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed these terms and conditions.
This Prize Promotion is based upon entrants subscribing to the NGE UK newsletter between the dates and time specified in Section 8 below.
- Entrants must reside in the UK and be aged 18 or over.
- Employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliated/group companies or any suppliers connected with the administration of this Prize Promotion or any members of those employees’ families are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants can enter the Prize Promotion only as specified in these terms and conditions.
- The winner may be required to provide the Promoter with the form of proof of identity as Promoter in its sole discretion requests before receipt of any prize. Failure to produce sufficient evidence as to identity may result in disqualification.
- No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will be accepted. Failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions (including instructions) will disqualify any entrant from taking part in the Prize Promotion and the entry will be invalid. The Promoter retains sole discretion to refuse entrants the right to enter if it feels that these terms and conditions are not being complied with or for any valid and justifiable reason.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner and/or amend these terms and conditions at any time in its absolute discretion.
- To enter, entrants must register their email address for the NGE UK newsletter in the Promotor’s website (https://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.co.uk/subscribe/) between the 30th of May and the 31st of July and will automatically be entered into the prize draw.
- All entries must be received during the term of the Prize Promotion commencing at 10:00 CET on 30/05/2019 and ending at 23:55 CET on 31/07/2019 (Closing Date). Only one entry is allowed per person. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind that may restrict the sending or receipt of an entry. Any entry received after the Closing Date will be invalid. If the Promoter suspects that an entrant has used multiple email addresses to submit more than one entry, only one entry will be considered.
- No purchase is necessary for entry in the Prize Promotion.
- Any entry made giving another person’s (or a false) name or other dishonest information will be disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen at random from the pool of entrants who registered for the NGE UK newsletter during the term of the Prize Promotion.
- The winner will be contacted by email on 15/08/2019.
- The Promoter’s decision in this Prize Promotion is final and legally binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize offered by National Geographic Expeditions is a National Geographic – Ponant cruise through the Arctic for two.
- Itinerary: ‘From the Norwegian Sea to Spitsbergen’
- Ship: Le Boréal
- Departure dates: cruise departing on the 16 June 2020 for 12 days (11 nights).
- Departure Port: Glasgow, Scotland
- Arrival Port: Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen. Transfer + flight Longyearbyen / London included.
- Transfers and activities as per itinerary
- Flight Longyearbyen/London selected by PONANT in economy class
- Not included:
- Tips for the local guides
- Personal expenses
- Other services and activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Transfers to the starting point airport (Glasgow) and from the ending point airport (London)
- Any accommodation pre or post cruise
- Tourist infrastructures are very limited in Longyearbyen. We kindly ask you for your flexibility and understanding
- For passengers in transit in London, it is recommended to stay one night in London before your connecting flight (not included in the prize)
- Programme and flight schedule are subject to change
- Please note that the prize is not protected by ATOL/ABTA, and the winner is required to carry their own travel insurance
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the aforementioned prize for a different prize of comparable value if the aforementioned prize is or becomes unavailable for any reason.
- The prize for this Prize Promotion will be given to the winner as set out in these terms and conditions. The winner must accept the prize in that form. Under no circumstances will cash be given as an alternative. The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value.
- If the selected winner is unreachable, ineligible, disqualified or fails to claim the prize within 10 days of notification being sent by the Promoter, that winner automatically forfeits the prize.
- The winner will be liable for any taxes or surcharges that may be levied on the prize and for any expenses not specified in the description of the prize. The winner shall be requested to, and agrees to, enter into an affidavit in the form provided to him/her by National Geographic by which the winner confirms formal acceptance of the prize and acknowledges that the winner is liable for all (if any) taxes and surcharges that may be levied on the prize.
- The Promoter will not be held liable for a prize if it does not reach the winner for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
- The winner uses the prize at their own risk.
- The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for any failure, liability or breach by any third party in connection with this Prize Promotion or prize and accepts no responsibility for any loss, property damage or personal injury suffered by the winner relating to this Prize Promotion or the prize, except in the case of death or personal injury caused by Promoter’s negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation and, so far as permitted by law, the Promoter its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising for reasons beyond its control including any act or default of any third party supplier.
Publicity and Personal Data
- By entering into this Prize Promotion you consent to your personal data being passed outside the EU for the purposes of processing and storing on the Promoter’s servers for the purpose of administering the Prize Promotion.
- By entering this Prize Promotion, each of the entrants agree to the use of their name and/or likeness without compensation, for the Promoter’s promotional and marketing purposes.
- Entrants indemnify the Promoter, its agents, employees, representatives, associates, affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies against any and all claim, losses, costs, damages, liability and expenses arising out of the entrant’s breach of any of these terms and conditions.
- Each entrant by entering this Prize Promotion expressly releases the Promoter, its affiliates, agents, employees and directors from any claim, action or demand arising out of or in connection with the Prize Promotion or their prize, if any.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify these rules, suspend or discontinue the Prize Promotion at any time, including without limitation where it is necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control or if it cannot be guaranteed that the Prize Promotion can be carried out correctly for technical or legal reasons or if the Promoter suspects that any person has been manipulating the administration of the Prize Promotion or has acted unethically in any other way.
- The laws of England and Wales govern these terms and conditions.
- Promoter: NGC EUROPE LIMITED of 10 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP.
Prize Promotion – NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC-PONANT COMPETITION CRUISE SUMMER 2019
- Who is the data controller?
NGC Europe Limited, with registered office at 10 Hammersmith Grove, London W6 7AP (hereinafter the “Controller”), is the data controller of your personal data. The Controller can be contacted at the following e-mail address email@example.com.
- Which personal data are processed?
The Controller process the personal data provided by you (hereinafter, the “Data“) and collected during your participation to the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC-PONANT COMPETITION CRUISE SUMMER 2019 prize promotion (hereinafter the “Promotion“). The Data includes your name, email address and telephone number.
- For what purposes the Data are processed?
The Data will be processed by the Controller for the following purposes:
- To perform the contract to which you are party in order to participate to the Promotion, including management and administration of the Promotion;
- To comply with legal obligations or with orders of the competent authorities (the purposes under point a) and b) are jointly defined as the “Contractual Purposes”);
- To complete a corporate transaction, such as a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Controller business, assets or stock, including any bankruptcy or similar proceedings (hereinafter defined as the “Legitimate Interest Purposes“).
- Upon your prior consent, (i) for the promotion of product and services of the Controller or third parties operating in the following sectors: television and magazine, by offers, promotions and other marketing communications via traditional mail, e-mail, SMS, telephone, chat and social media (ii) for profiling, in order to customize the above marketing activities to the interests and needs of the clients (hereinafter defined as the “Marketing Purposes“) .
- On what legal basis do we process your Data?
The processing of your Data is mandatory for the Contractual Purposes, since it necessary for your participation to the Promotion in the case of let. a) Section 3 above, and to comply with legal obligations in the case of let. b) Section 3 above.
- How do we process your Data?
The Data is processed through both electronic and manual means and is protected through adequate security measures that guarantee security, confidentiality and the avoidance of unauthorized access.
- Who has access to the Data?
The Data will be processed by the Controller for all the purposes described above.
For the Contractual Purposes the Data may also be communicated to the following categories of third parties, which perform activities instrumental and connected to the performance of the Promotion within the European Union and, within the limits referred to in Section 7 below, outside the European Union, such as: (i) assistance service providers for the performance of the Promotion, including prize-winning organization agencies, tax and legal advisory offices, (ii) IT or archiving service providers, (iii) group companies. The Data may be disclosed for the Legitimate Interest Purposes to (i) tax and legal advice consultants, (ii) assignee companies or divested business branch, potential buyers of the Controller and companies resulting from possible mergers, demergers or other corporate transactions relating to the Controller, also in the context of the activities functional to such transactions and (iii) competent authorities. The Data may finally be disclosed for the Marketing Purposes to group companies and service providers.
The parties indicated above may act, as appropriate, as data processors or independent data controllers. The updated list of external data processors is available at the Controller’s registered office and may be requested by contacting the Controller at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is your Data transferred abroad?
Your Data may be transferred to countries within and outside the European Economic Area, in particular to the United States of America. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place appropriate and suitable safeguards designed to protect your Data and the transfer it in compliance with applicable data protection laws, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission as per Articles 45 and 46 of the Privacy Regulation.
- What are your rights with regard to your Data?
You have the right, at any given time, to: (i) obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Data exist; (ii) be informed of its content and source, verify its accuracy or request rectification, update or amendments; (ii) request the deletion, conversion to an anonymous form or restriction of any Data processed in breach of applicable law, as well as to oppose its processing, in all cases, for legitimate reasons.
In this regard you may send your request at the following e-mail address email@example.com.
It is understood that you will have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority where the applicable conditions are met.
- GDPR Information
- Retention period applying to your Data
At the end of the retention period your Data will be either cancelled, anonymized or aggregated.
- Additional rights
- Request to Controller to limit the processing of the Data where:
- You contest the accuracy of the Data until we have taken sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy;
- The processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the Data;
- We no longer need the Data for the purposes of the processing, but you require the Data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- Where you have objected to processing for the Legitimate Interest Purposes pending verification as to whether the Controller has compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing.
- Object to the processing of your Data;
- Request the erasure of your Data without undue delay;
- Receive an electronic copy of your Data, that you have provided to us, if you would like to port your Data to yourself or a different provider (“data portability”), when the Data is processed by automatic means and the processing is either (i) based upon your consent or (ii) the fact that the processing is necessary for performance of contract related to the Promotion; and
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.